I would like to stress that these are quick meals, when you don’t have a lot of time to make something for the little ones! Sometimes mommies can be so tired, that it’s just not an option to cook toddler’s meal for 2-3 hours.
So, one day I opened my fridge and realized that Jaydon finished his last veggies and since Ian’s wasn’t home, I wasn’t making dinner. “What to do?”, it’s 6:30pm and Jaydon is expecting dinner at 7…..And the “Lazy Lasagna” was born.
I remembered how much Jaydon loved lasagna, but didn’t have meat defrosted or time to prepare the lasagna, so I got creative.
Orzo or Ditalini pasta
Marinara (Classico, out of store bought brands, I find this to be the testiest)
1. Cook pasta according to the package
2. Preheat over to 350
3. Grease bread baking pan
4. When pasta is ready… drain, add a little big of butter, mix.
5. Layer pasta then Marinara, then Ricotta cheese, then Marinara, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
6. Cover with foil, bake for about 15 minutes.
Your toddler now will be happy, and you will love some as well!
Another quick toddler meal is “Cheese Oatmeal”. Jaydon loves this one, takes only about 15 minutes (including the cool time), and a box of Old Fashioned Oatmeal can be kept at home at all times,
Old Fashioned Oatmeal (original, not instant)
1. Cook oatmeal with milk and about a teaspoon of butter (depending on how many servings you are making)
2. When oatmeal is cooked add cheddar cheese.
3. Make sure you let it stand for about 10 minutes, oatmeal is extremely hot.
That fast and easy
If you already have some veggies baked, (like sweet potato or butternut squash) you can make oatmeal with veggies instead of cheese. Just cook oatmeal and add some sweet potatoes. Mmmm…mmmm…good!!!