This is one of my favorite easy and quick dinners. Ian and I are little wimps when it comes to spicy food, so I make it mild. Feel free to spice it up with some red pepper and other favorite spices if you like a kick.
1 package Sausage
1/4 cup chopped Onion
2-3 medium tomatoes
teaspoon minced garlic
Water (6-7 cups enough to make the jambalaya soupy, add more at the end if too thick)
2 cups of rice
1 small can of Tomato Sauce
Dry dill weed, dry parsley, salt, pepper
1. Pre-heat a pot with oil on medium
2. Mince or shred garlic and add to the pot
3. Chop the onion and all to the pot
4. Chop the tomatoes and add to the pot
5. Cut up the sausage and add to the vegetables in the pot
6. Saute the sausage and the vegetables for a few minutes, while boiling the water in a separate pot.
7. Add the boiled water to the sausage and vegetables, add the tomato sauce
8. Add all the spices, bring to boil then reduce the heat to medium cook for about 10 minutes
Note: If using raw sausage, make sure it is fully cooked before adding the rice.
9. Add the rice, lower the temperature to medium low, cover and cook until the rice is done.