2 tbs butter
1 cup of chopped strawberries
8 oz package of cream cheese
1.4 cup chopped almonds
3 tablespoons powder sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Grease the muffin pan
3. Cut the phyllo dough into about 5×5 squares
4. Melt some butter in a small cup
*Note: Be careful with phyllo dough. It is very thin so handle with care and love.
5. Place one slice of dough on the board. Brush lightly with butter. Place the second slice of dough right on the top and brush that one with butter. Repeat several times. If you want thin cup, use four slices. If you want thicker cups use 6 slices.
6. Slowly and carefully place the buttered dough into the muffin pan. Center of the dough to center of the hole. Fit well, but be gentle.
7. I used only four cups. But the amount of the strawberry cream we are making will be enough for 6 cups.
8. Place the muffin pan in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cups are medium brown.
While the cups are baking…
9. Place the cream cheese into the mixing bowl, add powdered sugar and blend well.
10. Chop strawberries. Chop almonds.
11. Add strawberries and almonds to the cream cheese mixture. Mix well.
12. Make sure the cups are completely cooled before placing the strawberry cream cheese mixture into the cups.
13. Place the cups filled with strawberry cream cheese mixture into the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes.
*Note: Be very careful and gentle when taking the cups out of the muffin pan. Very fragile!