2 lbs Farmers cheese
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 cup seedless raisins
1/3 cup cranberries (if desired)
1/2 cup chopped blanched almonds
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 egg yolks
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup sour cream
1. Cream together the butter, vanilla and sugar. Add the egg yolks and beat well
2. Add Farmer’s cheese, mix well. Add the beaten egg and sour cream, stir well.
3. Add the almonds, raising and cranberries.
4. In the double boiler: heat the mixture over simmering water, stirring constantly, until bubbles emerge around the edge of the pan and the mixture thickens enough to coat a spoon.
~ If you don’t have the traditional pyramid-shaped mold for paskha, use a clean flower pot with a hole in the bottom. Line it with cheesecloth rinsed in water and squeezed out.
5. Pour in the mixture; enclose it with the cheesecloth, place a plate on the top to weigh in and place in the refrigerator. After a couple of hours place a cup on the place to weigh in a little more. Chill and drain off any surplus moisture. Unmold it, remove the cheesecloth, and serve cold.
You can spread in on bread or on fruit.