Cook time: about 45 minutes
12 oz of Arborio rice
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs butter
2 cloves of garlic
1 large shallot
1/2 cup of white wine
1 cup of cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
5-6 cups of vegetable stock
1 cup of water
1 tbs basil
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Heat the olive oil in the skillet on the medium heat.
2. Shred the garlic into the skillet, saute until fragrant and lightly brown
3. Add sliced shallots.
4. Melt in butter, saute until lightly brown
5. In a sauce pan, combine stock, water and a little bit of salt and pepper. Bring to boil and reduce heat to low to keep warm.
6. Add rice, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring, until rice is heated through, about 1 minute.
7. Add the wine, cook stirring until the liquid is absorbed.
8. Add the tomatoes and basil, cook for about a minute.
9. Add a cup of stock to rice, cook, stirring until the liquid is absorbed.
10. Keep adding 1/2 cup of stock at the time after previous is absorbed. Continue until rice is tender and creamy. (If you run out of stock mixture, just add a little water)
11. Add the Parmesan cheese, stir well!