1 cup of butter
1 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 1/2 cup flour
1 2/3 cup milk
1/2 tsp salt
9 oz butter
6 oz icing sugar
3 egg yolks
4 oz dark chocolate, melted and cooled
4 ounces semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup heavy cream, boiling
~Pre-heat the oven to 375. Grease bread baking pan.
1. Let the eggs and butter sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
2. Beat the butter is a large mixing bowl for 1 minute
3. Add sugar and beat for another minute
4. Add one egg at the time, beating after each addition
5. Beat in vanilla
6. Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt
7. Add milk, beat well for about a minute
8. Pour into the 3 8-inch round baking pans. Bake for about 10 minutes, do a toothpick check, bake a couple minutes longer if needed.
9. Cool for a few minutes then take out from the pans and cool completely.
10. Slice each cake layer in half, you will have 6 round cake layers.
For Chocolate Buttercream filling:
1. Warm the chocolate in a double boiler until melted and allow to cool slightly.
2. Beat the butter until it is fluffy (about 3-5 minutes) and then fold in the icing sugar and the egg yolk alternately, beating after each addition.
3. The mixture should be very fluffy.
4. Gradually fold in the melted chocolate drop by drop.
5. Spread the cream on five (not the top one) of the cake layers and place them one on top of the other.
1. Bring the heavy cream to boil, be careful not to let it actually boil or it will raise
2. Pour the boiling cream over the chopped chocolate and stir until melted. Cool to a little warmer then room temperature
3. spoon the ganache frosting on top of the cupcake and let is slowly spread. If it does not spread too easy, help it with the edge of the rubber spatula very carefully.
* I am linking this recipe to the Tuesday through Sunday PARTIES. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!