All you need to do is start with your basic ingredients:
Refrigerated Pizza dough
(1 beaten egg for brushing)
Then you can go nuts with the filling. I used bacon bits for hubby and mushrooms and green onion for me.
~Preheat the over to 375
1. Roll out you pizza dough and cut into large triangles (you can cut it into two large squares and then cut the squares into triangles, so you will get 4 calzones)
2. Spread the Marinara sauce, but remember to leave about 1/4 inch not covered with sauce along the edges
3. Spread the cheese and other desired toppings into one side of the calzone.
4. Fold over to that it makes a smaller triangle. Press along the edges and roll the edges under a little to ensure that it doesn’t come apart.
5. Lay the calzones onto the pizza baking sheet and brush with the beaten egg. I also like to sprinkle a little bit of coarse Kosher salt and shredded Parmesan on top.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes (a couple minutes longer if you like it darker and crispier)
* I am linking this recipe to the Wednesday and Thursday PARTIES. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?