1 sheet of puff pastry
3-4 round eye steaks (or sirloin steak), sliced into thin strips
1 cup sliced onion
1 cup sliced mushrooms
3 tbs vegetable oil
1 beaten egg for brushing
1. After the puff pastry it thawed, cut it into two even squares.
2. Preheat the over to 425
3. Heat up the oil in a medium skillet. Saute the beef strips, seasoned with some salt and pepper, until browned (about 4-5 minutes). Take out the beef, set aside
4. In the same skillet, saute the onions and mushrooms until soft. (season with salt and pepper)
5. Split the meat and mushroom/onion mixture in two. Place one half of beef in the center of the pastry square. Top with half of mushroom/onion mixture. Take the four corners and press them together. Press all the sides together. Repeat with the other half of beef and mushroom/onion.
6. Place on the filled pastries in the metal baking sheet. Brush with egg. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
* I am linking this recipe to Sunday, Monday PARTIES in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!