1 lb ground Italian sausage (mild or hot depending on personal taste)
3 tbs olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 gloves of garlic
1 cup chopped red and yellow bell pepper
1 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
6-7 cups of water (or I like to do half water and half vegetable stock)
1 cup long grain white rice
6 oz tomato sauce
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 bay leaf
1. Preheat the oil in a large pot on medium heat.
2. Roll the ground sausage into 1/2 inch balls and add them to the oil. Cook until the sausage balls are brown on the outside
3. Add the onion, tomatoes and bell peppers. Cook until tomatoes give out juice (2-3 minutes)
3. Grate the garlic into the pot and add the tomato sauce. Mix well.
4. Add the water, pepper flakes, bay leaf and salt. Bring to boil then reduce heat back to medium.
5. Add the rice, mix well. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook until the rice is fully cooked.
* I am linking this recipe to Friday and Saturday PARTIES in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!