I found the cutest little silicone cupcake heart cups on sale at my local Home Goods. I got them and could not wait to make something special for Valentine’s day. I didn’t want to do cupcakes, because everyone makes cupcakes for Valentine’s. I wanted to make muffins, chocolate muffins to be exact. So I came up with this recipe (yeap, I wrote my own and I am very proud!) and was all set to bake.
Makes 12 muffins
1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted
2 tbs coco powder
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups of flour
Cream Cheese Frosting:
4 oz cream cheese
1 cup of powder sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat the oven to 350.
1. Cream butter and sugar until creamy.
2. Add the eggs, one at the time.
3. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla, beat well.
4. Add the buttermilk and coco powder. Beat well.
5. Add the baking powder, baking soda and flour. Mix until combined.
6. Fill the muffin cups with the batter.
|Someone really liked the batter|
7. Cream the cream cheese frosting ingredients and stuff it in the decorating bag.
8. Write whatever you want in the muffin batter with the cream cheese frosting.
9. Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
* I am linking this recipe to THESE WONDERFUL PARTIES in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!