3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 cups fresh cranberries (or frozen if you don’t have fresh)
grated orange zest
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 and grease the 11×7 baking dish.
1. Cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the egg, beat until combined
3. Add the milk and cream and beat until combined.
4. Beat in the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt until all combined.
5. Fold in the cranberries and orange zest
6. Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. For the sauce: In a small sauce pot, combine the sauce ingredients. Cook on medium, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes.
8. Pour the sauce over the cake squares right before serving.
* I am linking this recipe to Saturday and Sunday PARTIES in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!