Krispie Chocolate Egg Basket

I love Pinterest, although, I am not as addicted as some people I know (wink, wink). I do tend to spend a couple of hours a week on Pinterest but only on weekends. A couple of weeks ago, I saw some adorable nests made from Rice Krispies and decided that it would be a cute project for the little man.
Last year we made Rice Krispie Eater Eggs so this year we wanted to work with Chocolate Rice Krispies. By “we” I mean me….of course. I loved the way chocolate Rice Krispies turned out.
These baskets, were actually a bit of a fail and had to be re-worked. Originally they were actual baskets, I used Twizzlers as basket handles. I secured the handles with toothpicks, but they still kept falling off. Also, when I was taking pictures, I noticed that the bulky red Twizzler handles didn’t look good. So, I took them off and was much happier with the result.

3 cups of Chocolate Rice Krispies
5 oz of Marshmallows
2 tbs butter

Jelly beans and other egg-shaped candy of choice

1. In a large bowl, place butter and marshmallows. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Mix well. Heat for another 25 seconds or until completely melted.
2. Add the chocolate Rice Krispies cereal to the marshmallow mixture. Mix well.

3. Lightly grease a muffin pan.
4. Fill the muffin cups with the Rice Krispies mixture. Press the centers lightly to form a basket bed.

5. Cool completely and fill with candy.

Enjoy!

* I am linking this recipe to   THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?

My entry into Strut Your Stuff sponsored by Appliances Online and the Bosch Washing Machines

Comments

1. says

this is amazingly cute
    i love searching for recipes on pinterest too ;)

Pinterest is a great way to socialized with everyone :)
    I love Pinterest’s unique interface :)

Just in case you haven’t heard. There’s also another site developed for Pinterest user to submit their favorite pins, discuss and do social voting as well. You might want to check it out.

don’t forget to vote, there’s a $15 Amazon Card weekly for the most votes :D
    if you are not sure about it, you can visit http://blog.pinfaves.com/

2. says

These are just adorable, I want one.
    Hope you have a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

3. says

Love these, pinned them, following you… can’t get enough! I found you via Serenity Saturday – Thanks so much for sharing! I love your place here!

I’d love for you to Check Out The Vintage Milk House

Thanks for sharing – I’m sure I will be fishing around for more awesome ideas from you!

Have a great weekend! – Kali

4. says

These are very pretty
    We don’t celebrate Easter, but I do want to make these, and fill them with M&M.

I think these are cute and the kids are just gonna love it! So I’m going to pin-it

I’m your newer follower as I love your blog!

5. says

I never thought of using Chocolate Rice Krispies! How smart. My kiddos would love these. I will be featuring you tomorrow at our party. Thanks so much for partying with us at Link It Up Thursday.

6. says

Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a fabulous week end and enjoy you new Red Plate.
    Come Back Soon,