As I mentioned, this was my first time working with a canvas for a craft project. I was keeping my mind open to ant changes changes or corrections that may come. Actually, I changed my mind about 3 times, just while shopping. (You can check out my shopping trip here.)
What I Used:
20 x 24 canvas
Medium Rose Painting Stencil
Silver Photo Corners
Elmer’s All Purpose Glue
Elmer’s Precision Embellishment Glue
Label 3D Stickers
1. Choose your photos.
~ This is where my baby sister came in. She choose some photos for me. Then, I spent a couple of hours sorting though photo albums to find the photos I liked.
|Lots of photos! 3 more albums that you can’t see!|
2. Painting the roses.
~ Start by lightly taping your stencil onto the canvas so it does not move:
~ Carefully apply the pain into the stencil making sure that all the holes of the stencil are evenly painted:
~ Carefully take off the stencil. Repeat 3 more times. Let dry completely.
3. Arrange your photos on the canvas before using any kind of adhesive. Make sure that you are in love with the way your photos are arranged before gluing them.
4. Once you have your arrangement in your head. Make all your adjustments and cuts on the photos. Place the photo corners on the photo. I also used some all purpose glue for extra hold.
|That is my grandmother and my mom.|
5. Once your photos are nicely on and secure, place your stickers.
6. Once your photos are dry, arrange the flowers. When you are happy with the flower arrangement, use the precision embellishment glue to secure the flowers onto the canvas. I am very happy with my glue choice, it holds very well on top of paint on the flowers.
Here is where I ran into a little bit of a problem. I had too much white areas and I didn’t want to overload on the flowers. (Next time I will do a very thin layer of paint on the canvas first) So I came up with a couple more ideas.
7. I used only the center part of the stencil and very carefully painted small roses my my mom’s main picture.
|My little man watching me work on the project!|
8. Since I still had too many white spaces, I added personal messages to my mom. My hubby, my little man and I write personal messages for my mom. My hubby actually wrote his message in Russian, I was so excited. He asked me to write a message he wanted in Russian and then copied it onto the canvas. I was very impressed! I also have a spot next to mine for my sister to write her message next time I see her.
|Writing my message.|
|Hubby writing his message!|
|I helped the little man write his message! (Please don’t mind me in my robe|
Now, once my baby sister writes her message, the project will be COMPLETE!!
*I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™. All the opinions and photographs are my own!! #CBias #SocialFabric #gluenglitter