Last time I made it, I wanted to add a little “something, something”. I added some crushed Oreo layers. That was a gooood choice. Actually, this dessert was so filling that neither one of us could finish it. My favorite part of finishing it the next day was the whole Oreo cookie that I left on to covered in COOL WHIP Whipped Topping. I don’t know why, but the soggy Oreo covered in COOL WHIP was awesome!
For 2 Chocolate Mousse Oreo Parfaits:
2 cups Chocolate Mousse
1 cup of crushed Oreo cookies
1/2 cup COOL WHIP for topping
2 whole Oreo cookies
1. In a double boiler (if you don’t have one, you can do it in a microwave just be careful and do it slowly), heat up the chocolate, 1/4 cup of water and butter. Keep stirring until the chocolate is melted. Set aside for about 10 minutes.
2. In a small, heavy sauce pan, on low heat, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and remaining 1/4 cup of water. Cook, stirring, until the temperature reaches 160F, about 2 minutes. (Please make sure you are stirring and cooking it on low heat and don’t walk away…or… you will end up with sweet scrambled eggs!)
3. Slowly, whisk the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture.
4. Set the chocolate mixture in the saucepan on ice bed, keep stirring until cooled (5-10 minutes).
5. Very slowly and carefully, 1 cup at a time, fold in the COOL WHIP until all smooth and combined.
6. Cover the mousse and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
7. In a dessert cups, pour 1/4 cup crushed Oreo cookies on the bottom. Scoop about 1/2 cup of chocolate mousse on top. Sprinkle another 1/4 cup crushed Oreos. Cover with another 1/2 cup of chocolate mousse. Top-off with about 1/4 cup of COOL WHIP and sprinkle about a teaspoon of cookie crumbs.
8. Repeat the same with the second cup. Top each parfait with a whole Oreo.
* I am linking this recipe to THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?