1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
8 tbs unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sour cream
1 large egg, room temperature
2 large egg yolks, room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tbs whole milk
16 oz butter
2-3 cups of powder sugar
3 egg yolks
5 oz dark semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled to room temperature
2 1/2 cups of chopped strawberries
2 tbs lemon juice
1 cup sugar (I don’t like too much sugar but feel free to add more, if you like)
1. Chop the strawberries and place them in a pot. Add the lemon juice and sugar. Set the heat on medium, stir and cook for about 15-20 minutes. Lower the heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 20-25 minutes.
2. Drain off about a third of the liquid. (You can use the strawberry liquid on top of the ice cream of in a milk) Place the cooked berries in a blender and puree. Refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
~Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
1. Beat the butter and sugar until light and smooth.
2. Add the egg and egg yolks, one at a time.
3. Add the sour cream, milk and vanilla extract.
4. Add the flour, salt and baking powder. Mix until all ingredients completely combined.
5. Divide the batter between the muffin cups (filling the cups about 2/3 full) and bake for 20 minutes. Do a toothpick test to make sure the cupcakes are done.
6. Fill a pastry bag with the strawberry jam filling. Use a long thin decorating tip. Insert the tip into the cooked cupcakes while they are still hot and squeeze some of the filling into them.
1. Warm the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave until melted and allow to cool slightly.
2. Beat the butter until it is fluffy (about 3-5 minutes) and then add in the icing sugar and the egg yolk alternately, beating after each addition.
3. The mixture should be very fluffy.
4. With the mixer still running on medium low, gradually drizzle in the melted chocolate.
5. Transfer the frosting to the pastry bag and frost the cupcakes.
* I am linking this recipe to THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?