Don’t you just love how caramel and salt go so perfect together. Sweet and salty is always a good taste combination but caramel and salt take it to a whole new level. Love it!
about 1 tbs of coarse salt for sprinkling
1. Beat the butter and sugar on medium- high speed for about 3 minutes.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time.
3. Beat in the vanilla.
4. Lower the speed on the mixer to low. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and add to the batter. Mix until all combined.
5. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the caramel bits.
6. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
~ Preheat the oven to 350. Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper.
7. Scoop out the dough with a table spoon (or a scoop) and place on the baking sheet. Sprinkle each dough ball with some coarse salt.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes.