Fall calls for hearty and comforting recipes. Soups are the wonderful way to keep warm and cozy is the chilly weather. (Or crank up the AC and enjoy a bowl if you are in the warmer climate.) This Corn and Potato Chowder knows just how to hit the right spot!
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-5 medium gold potatoes, peeled, chopped into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 15 oz can of corn (or fresh or frozen corn), drained
- 2 tbs flour
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 tbs fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- In a medium pot, melt the butter and add chopped onion. Saute until the onion is transparent.
- Add the potatoes and garlic. Mix well and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour, mix well so that the potatoes are coated with flour.
- Add the corn and mix.
- Slowly add the stock, stirring constantly while pouring the stock. Add salt, pepper and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are done.
- Add milk and after about 5 minutes, add cheese and minced cilantro. Cook for about 5-7 minutes.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com