(Makes 10 muffins)
1 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup of oats (old fashioned not instant)
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup hazelnuts, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Lightly grease and line Handi-foil muffin pan with muffin liners.
2. Whisk together the liquid ingredients and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add oats, flour, salt and baking powder, mix well until fully incorporated. Do not over-mix. (do not add hazelnuts yet)
4. Separate the batter between the muffin cups, filling them three quarters of the way.
5. Top off with chopped hazelnuts.
6. Bake the muffins for 22 minutes. Make sure to do a toothpick test for doneness before taking the muffins out.