Well, some of you might remember the Coconut Syrup that I shared last week. I also promised to share the third flavor that I’ve made so far. Here it is: Homemade Blueberry Syrup!
I have been having so much fun making different syrups. I am not planning on stopping any time soon so I hope you are along for the ride!
My boys have been having even more fun with the different flavors. They are big pancake fans around here. I also used this delicious syrup to make blueberry mini cheesecakes. The cheesecakes will be shared with you tomorrow! Are you excited?
Note: the pomegranate here is really not noticeable. The blueberry flavor completely takes over. Delicious!
- 12 oz blueberries
- ⅓ cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup of Blueberry/Pomegranate POM juice
- 3 tbs cornstarch
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white granulated sugar
- In a small sauce pot, combine blueberries, lemon juice and ⅓ cup of sugar. Cook, covered, on medium low heat for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally. The blueberries should be fully cooked and mushy.
- Run the blueberry mixture through the strainer to get the juice out. Press the blueberries into the strainer to get all the juice (you can use the leftover blueberries in yogurt, pancakes or waffles.)
- Return the blueberry juice to the sauce pot and add the remaining sugar, cornstarch and POM juice while constantly whisking.
- Bring the mixture to boil on medium high and lower the heat to medium. Cook the mixture until thickens, whisking frequently. Cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.
Here are my other two syrup recipes:
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to emails of follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest| so you don’t miss any more recipes!
PLEASE NOTE: I switched the email delivery system! The switch happened in the middle of March. If you subscribed before then, PLEASE re-subscribe in the side bar! HUGS!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck and Rattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday night!!