What’s the best thing to have with your morning latte? Java Chip Muffins, of course! There is coffee, there is fudge, there is chocolate chips, all the wonderful things in one.
I buy Silk Iced Latte pretty often, for those busy mornings when I don’t have time to brew a cup. A few days ago, when I got another carton, I decided to get creative and instead of just drinking it, I baked with it.
Cooking and baking is another art form for me, so here is the display of my art! What a delicious art it is!!
While enjoying our delicious muffins and iced latte (some may have been enjoying their second muffin), hubby and I came up with a fun poem:
Soft, moist, chocolatey with a hint of latte….mmmmm, Java Heaven!
- 12 tbs butter, softened
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tbs hot fudge
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup Silk Mocha Latte
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- About 2 tbs mini chocolate morsels for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In the large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add the vanilla, sour cream, hot fudge and Silk mocha latte. Beat until well combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Beat on low speed until just mixed.
- Fold in ½ cup of chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling each cup until almost full (but not completely.)
- Sprinkle the muffins with mini chocolate morsels.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the muffins are lightly golden on top and a toothpick, inserted in the center, comes out clean.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
*** Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. All the opinions, photographs and text are my own.