I’m sharing my new broccoli salad today! This salad is very “cool,” it’s made with broccoli, cucumbers, pine nuts, mint, Greek yogurt and more goodies!
This is another recipe that was brought to you by the demand of my Facebook fans. I had so much fun letting the fans choose the recipe to post last time, so I decided to do it again. I gave them a choice between new French Toast recipe, Flatbread grilled sandwich and Broccoli Salad. The majority chose Broccoli Salad, but you already know that!
I love this broccoli salad. I may have only made it a couple of times but I love it already. It’s refreshing and filling, which is perfect for a hot summer afternoon. It would be a perfect dish to bring to a barbeque party too.
This broccoli salad is very “cool.” No, it doesn’t wear leather and bumps a jukebox with it’s elbow to make it play. (I don’t know why I went to the Fonzie reference, that was just the first thing to pop into my head.) This salad is “cool” because it’s cooling and refreshing. It has broccoli, cucumbers, Feta, Greek yogurt and mint. It’s great when it’s first made but even better after sitting in the fridge for a couple of hours. While sitting in the fridge, the flavors get a chance to marinate for enhanced flavor.
- 2 small bunches of broccoli
- 1 medium cucumber
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ⅓ cup Feta cheese
- 2 tbs chopped green onion
- 1 tbs fresh Dill weed, minced
- 5 mint leaves, minced
- Salt, fresh cracked pepper
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbs mayo
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp sugar
- Cut the broccoli florets from the stem and chop them into smaller pieces.
- Slice the cucumber into straws.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, cucumber, Feta, pine nuts, green onion, dill weed, mint, salt and pepper. Stir until mixed together.
- In a small bowl, mix Greek yogurt, mayo, sugar and lime juice.
- Mix the sauce into veggies until all veggies are evenly covered.
- I recommend letting it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving. Stir again and serve!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday night!!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck, Thirty Handmade Days, and Rattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!