Have you started planning for back to school yet? I know, I have and I’m trying to come up with some recipes to make feeding my family easier during the school year. These Mini Strawberry Oat Muffins are not only delicious but they are also filling and easy to make.
You always hear that breakfast is the most important meal of the day but how many of us actually eat breakfast? Especially during school year? You have to get up, get everyone ready for school and yourself for work, so coffee ends up being breakfast most of the time. My husband is especially bad about not eating breakfast because he wants to sleep as long as possible and gets up right in time to leave.
I’ve been trying to come up some easy and filling breakfast ideas that you can just grab and go. These muffins (and more ideas to come soon) are a perfect little something to grab with you on the way to the car. They are filling and healthy but the best part is, they are so yummy!
These mini strawberry muffins are also perfect to pack with kid’s school lunch (and snack.) I used to pack goldfish and other little crackers as a school snack for the little guy until one day, the teacher told me that he “exchanged” them for mini muffins with another little boy. I say “exchange” because toddlers have different rules and there wasn’t much of a choice given. I felt so bad that I brought extras the next day. It did give me an idea though, to make some mini muffins as a school snack. It’s perfect!
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cups of sugar (little more if you like them sweeter)
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup of buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 cup flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6-7 medium strawberries, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly grease a mini muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk until incorporated.
- Using a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula, mix in oats until all evenly incorporated.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups, filling it 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 14-18 minutes, until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday night!!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck, Thirty Handmade Days, and Rattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!