Oh my goodness! The summer is over…
It’s September 1st, beginning of the Fall months. Fall is my favorite time of the year, so I am very happy.
Unfortunately, we don’t get much of Fall here in Fl and it will be summer for the next two months. I’m still happy to pull out all the Fall recipes and can’t wait for the pumpkin season.
I realized something while preparing for this month’s Food Fight. I don’t have ANY Cookie Dough recipes! Oh no, that just won’t do! I had to make something with cookie dough immediately!
I made some of these soft Chocolate Cookies that are filled with raw (safe to eat) cookie dough.
They turned out amazing!
(*** E-mail Subscribers: Please click through to the site for the recipe!)
- Chocolate Cookies:
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 1/2 tbs of milk
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Powder sugar is optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together for a couple of minutes, until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla, mix well.
- Sift in the cocoa powder, flour, cinnamon and baking soda. Mix until all combined.
- Scoop out some cookie dough and roll into balls with your hands. Press down lightly and lay them out on the cookie sheet, a couple of inches apart.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes and cool completely.
- For cookie dough: Beat butter and sugar together for a couple of minutes, until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and milk, mix well. Sift in the flour and mix until all combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Make sure the cookies are cooled before adding the cookie dough and making them into sandwiches.
- Optional: dust with some powder sugar.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com
First of the month also means that it’s Food Fight time!
This month is a battle between Oreo Cookies and Cookie Dough recipes.This is such a fun and delicious fight, don’ you agree? I bet you can find some great ideas here for after school snacks and treats as well.
On To The Food Fight!!
In the RIGHT corner, we have Cookie Dough…
In the LEFT corner, we have Oreo…
Now, they fight and you should VOTE! Leave a comment here or on any social media network and tell me who do you think should be the winner.
Make sure to visit these special recipes, share them or pin them if you like it!
The FOOD FIGHT happens right here, every month, so come back every 1st of the month!
Fall Battles have began!
HERE COMES THE BOOM!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday morning!!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck andRattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!