Apple recipes rock as much as pumpkin! Well, I know that some might disagree but I like them both equally.
I’m sharing an easy and awesome apple recipe today. It’s Apple Strudel Rolls, they are made with pizza dough, Granny Smith apples, raisins and pecans….oh and super easy to make!
I love apple strudel as much as the next guy, but it can be such a pain to make. You probably know that the traditional version is usually made with thin, layered dough, like phyllo dough. Phyllo dough is very thin, so you would have to use many layers and each layer should be lightly brushed with butter. It is a time consuming process. I love using phyllo dough for desserts, but only when I have the time. When I’m in a time crunch, I find other ways.
This weekend, I had a craving for some apple strudel. As much as I love the traditional apple strudel, I just didn’t have much time between grading assignments, doing my own assignments, hyper kiddo and housework. So, I took a shortcut and it turned out Deeelicious!
These Apple Strudel Rolls came out so good! We finished them all in one sitting. Apples, cinnamon, raisins, nuts….all in one roll!!
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough (original)
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 1½ tsp Apple Pie Spice
- 2 large Granny Smith Apple
- ½ cup of raising
- ¼ cup of chopped pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Core and chop the apple. Combine the chopped apple, raisins, pecans, vanilla and 1 tsp of brown sugar in a bowl. Mix well.
- Cook the apple mixture in the pan, on medium heat and covered, until the apple starts to become soft. Set aside.
- Mix 2 tbs of brown sugar and apple pie spice. Roll out the dough and spread the sugar/spice mixture.
- Spread the apple mixture evenly on the dough. Roll up the dough and cut it into 1-inch thick pieces.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the rolls are golden brown.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday morning!!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck andRattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!