More, more, more…and more recipes for your holiday dinners! Today, we are moving on to stuffing! Italian Herb Stuffing, it’s so easy and incredible delicious! Made with fresh Italian herbs, baguette and pearl onions.
I mentioned in the earlier post (I believe it was the Turkey Collection post) that we go to my in-laws for Thanksgiving. I usually bring some sides and dessert. Some sides we keep traditional but I like to throw in a new one each year.
Past couple of weeks, I’ve been experimenting with new sides and came up with some amazing recipes. I’ve shared them with you! (I am also not done! More to come!)
My hubby usually takes care of the stuffing because he likes a box mix and I take care of the rest of the sides. This year, I wanted to show him how easy and delicious stuffing can be made from scratch instead of a box.
This Italian Herb Stuffing was deeeeeelicious and so easy! I absolutely love the use of a Baguette because it brings its own texture and flavor. Fresh herbs are also a key ingredient here. You already know how much I love fresh herbs. There is no need for seasoning when you use herbs.
Please note: this recipe is made for 4, so you may have to double of triple the recipe depending on the size of your family.
Note: you may have to double or triple the recipe depending on your needs.
- 1 Baguette (you can use Italian bread too)
- 6 tbs butter
- 1 cup of stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 cup of pearl onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbs minced fresh basil
- 1/2 tbs minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 tbs minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tbs minced fresh thyme
- salt, pepper
- Make sure you give the bread enough time to dry. It will take a day or two.
- Dice the baguette, spread on a baking sheet in one layer and let it completely dry.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a sauce pot, melt the butter and add the chopped pearl onions. Cook until the onions are fragrant. Add the stock and bring to boil. Take of heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry bread, herbs, salt and pepper. Pour in the liquid mixture and mix well,
- Transfer into an 8x6, lightly greased, baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest| to keep up with the recipes!
More Side Dishes!!