“Nothing beats a classic!” I have an amazing recipe for a Classic Alfredo Sauce for you!
I know that I should have shared this recipes a long, long time ago and I’m sorry. A while back, I’ve decided to collect my favorite classic sauces and share them with you. I’ve always written in recipes for a sauce in other recipes but I feel like I should share them separately. Most of the classic sauces can be used with so many different meals so why stick to one? So this week, I will share some of my favorite sauce and I will finish it off with a collection of homemade dressing recipes. Stick around and see which sauce I share each day!
My Alfredo Sauce has taken me years to perfect. I’ve tried a few different variation and this one is the best by far. I like using fresh grated Parmesan and some dry Parmesan. The combination of the two makes perfect texture and flavor.
If I had to choose, Alfredo would have to be my favorite sauce. It’s perfect with chicken, seafood, vegetable or to dip some bread sticks in it! Speaking of bread sicks, I really need to make some Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks for this sauce. They would be amazing together!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 tbs flour
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- ½ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup dry Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Melt butter in a sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add minced (pressed or grated) garlic and saute until fragrant (just a few seconds). Sprinkle the flour over it and slowly add heavy cream WHILE whisking constantly (I suggest using a silicone covered whisk). Heat through on medium heat, keep stirring slowly.
- Add sour cream, Parmesan cheeses, salt and pepper. Keep cooking on medium-low heat for about 5-7 minutes, stirring often.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
A Few Ideas: