“Nothing beats a classic!” I have an amazing recipe for a Classic Alfredo Sauce for you!
I know that I should have shared this recipes a long, long time ago and I’m sorry. A while back, I’ve decided to collect my favorite classic sauces and share them with you. I’ve always written in recipes for a sauce in other recipes but I feel like I should share them separately. Most of the classic sauces can be used with so many different meals so why stick to one? So this week, I will share some of my favorite sauce and I will finish it off with a collection of homemade dressing recipes. Stick around and see which sauce I share each day!
My Alfredo Sauce has taken me years to perfect. I’ve tried a few different variation and this one is the best by far. I like using fresh grated Parmesan and some dry Parmesan. The combination of the two makes perfect texture and flavor.
If I had to choose, Alfredo would have to be my favorite sauce. It’s perfect with chicken, seafood, vegetable or to dip some bread sticks in it! Speaking of bread sicks, I really need to make some Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks for this sauce. They would be amazing together!
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 tbs flour
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dry Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Melt butter in a sauce pan on medium heat.
- Add minced (pressed or grated) garlic and saute until fragrant (just a few seconds). Sprinkle the flour over it and slowly add heavy cream WHILE whisking constantly (I suggest using a silicone covered whisk). Heat through on medium heat, keep stirring slowly.
- Add sour cream, Parmesan cheeses, salt and pepper. Keep cooking on medium-low heat for about 5-7 minutes, stirring often.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
A Few Ideas: