Easy and heavenly chocolate treats that will make you swoon! Brownie truffles are baked with caramel bits, coated in chocolate, drizzled with caramel and sprinkled with salt…Ahhhhhhh!
This past Tuesday, was my blog’s third anniversary! I can’t believe that it’s been three years already. I’m still in shock that time flies so fast. It still feels like my first year. I especially can’t believe how many recipes I’ve shared over the past years (720). It’s been a great journey so far and I can’t wait to see what the next year brings me! I love sharing everything with you and meeting all the new, wonderful readers and bloggers.
I’ve started this blog just as a way to keep and share recipes with my family. I never imagined that it would grow into something like this. I never even thought that people would want to see and make my recipes. But I get emails every day from my readers who make my recipes and it makes me so warm and fuzzy inside. Thank you all for using my recipes and coming back to see me!
I wanted to make something special to celebrate. Since my blogoversary falls on the Valentine’s day week, chocolate seemed like the perfect way to go. My favorite way to have chocolate is BROWNIES! I love caramel just as much, so putting those two together was something I just had to do.
These brownie truffles turned out incredible! Gooey, fudgy brownies baked with caramel bits and topped with chocolate, more caramel and salt. Awesomeness in one bite!
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix + suggested ingredients
- (My favorite is Ghirardelli Chocolate Supreme)
- 1 cup of caramel bites
- 1 cup of chocolate /wafers(melted)
- Caramel (for drizzle)
- Coarse salt (to sprinkle)
- Mix the brownie batter according to the package directions.
- Mix in the caramel bits.
- Bake according to the package instructions.
- Cool completely.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out the brownie batter and roll them into balls with your hands (clean hands, of course).
- Lay them out on the cutting board covered in parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate according to the package. (Remember to melt them on half the power if you are using a microwave.)
- Dip the brownie balls into melted chocolate and lay them on parchment paper.
- Once the chocolate is solidified, drizzle the truffles with caramel and sprinkle with coarse salt.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Sweet Treats!