*Disclosure: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.*
These are delicious, sunny muffins that I can’t wait to share with you! They are soft Lemon Pound Cake Muffins with a hint of coconut and topped with aromatic lemon glaze!
These beautiful Spring muffins are light, airy and bursting with flavor. The look and taste of these muffins would definitely put you in a sunny mood! I loved the idea of making muffins out of a pound cake, it’s like having an individual lemon pound cakes topped with lemon glaze. They are so perfect as breakfast or as a dessert. Eat them whenever you want!
Guess what, I also used Silk Coconutmilk to make these pound cake muffins! I was first introduced to Silk products when my son turned one. At that time, he was transitioning to regular milk. We quickly came to realize that he had a sensitivity to milk. He is not lactose intolerant but he does have a sensitivity to the fat in milk.
When we were still figuring it all out, I got Silk Almondmilk to try. I loved almondmilk but I would not let him try soy milk for obvious reasons. (I was concerned about giving soy to a boy.) I actually like almondmilk much more than he did so we ended up giving him skim milk. I, on the other hand, buy some almondmilk for myself once in a while.
Somehow, I didn’t know that Silk also has Coconutmilk!!! Hello…coconut addict here and I didn’t know. Embarrassing!
The second I saw it at the store, I knew I had to have it. It was great in baking and I’ve been trying it with everything ever since. I love it in my morning coffee and with cake. (Oh, just wait till I share the cake this week!) It’s light in flavor and has a hint of coconut. It also has only 80 calories.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup of Silk Coconutmilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups of cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 12 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- Zest off of one medium lemon
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1½ Tbsp Silk Coconutmilk, hot
- ½ cup +2 Tbsp powder sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Coconut Flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, coconutmilk and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer (or in a separate bowl using hand mixer)…sift the flour baking powder and baking soda. Add the sugar and salt. Mix the dry ingredients on low for about 30 seconds (until well combined).
- Add the butter and half of the egg mixture. Mix on low until just combined. Scrape the sides and bottom. Change the speed to medium and beat for about a minute. The batter will start get light and airy.
- Add the other half of the egg mixture slowly, in two batches, beating for about 30 seconds after each addition. While it's beating, pour in the lemon juice and add the lemon zest. The cake batter will be light and fluffy at that point.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes. Do a toothpick test at 18 minutes to see if it's done.
- To prepare the glaze, mix powder sugar and lemon zest together. Heat up the coconutmilk and stir it into the sugar mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Pour some of the glaze over the muffins and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
If you like Silk as much a I do, make sure to sign up for their newsletter! When you first sign up, you will receive $0.75 off any Silk half gallon!
Newsletter also includes:
More coupons delivered to your inbox plus a special birthday offer
News of Silk sweepstakes and promotions
Monthly chances to win a year’s supply of Silk!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.