I have a fun little Memorial Day treat for you today! It’s adorable Rice Krispies stars, covered with white chocolate and decorated with chocolate Sixlets, all made in red white and blue theme!
I’m sure that you noticed the title says “giveaway” but don’t rush to enter and run away, check out these adorable treats first!
These Red White and Blue Rice Krispies would make such a fun treat for Memorial Day and Fourth of July celebrations. The part that makes it most fun is that you can have a great time decorating them with your kids. You can play around with different shapes and different ways of decorating.
This combination of rice krispie treats, white chocolate and chocolate candy will make any kid jump for joy. The adults will love it too, so don’t discard it as just a kid treats. Trust me, little man caught me enjoying “his stars” and I had some explaining to do…good thing all I had to do is hand him one and all was forgiven!
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 4 cups of mini marshmallows
- 4 oz white chocolate baking bar, melted
- About two cups of red Sixlets
- About 1 cup of blue Sixlets
- Place marshmallows and butter in a large, microwave-safe, mixing bowl. Heat it in the microwave for 1 minute. Mix well and heat for another 30 seconds or until completely melted.
- Add the Rice Krispies cereal to the marshmallow mixture and mix well.
- Cover a 13x9 cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease it with cooking spray.
- Spread the rice krispie mixture evenly and pat it tight, make sure that it's nice and dense.
- Place in the refrigerator to set for about 30 minutes.
- Using a star cookie cutter, cut out star shapes.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave (in a microwave-safe container) for 1 minute, on half the power. Stir and heat through for another 30 seconds, again on half the power.
- Spread melted white chocolate on top of the stars and decorate them with colorful Sixlets.
- Let the stars set and chocolate to harden in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Alright, alright…here is the giveaway!!
SweetWorks and I want to help you with your summer fun baking by giving away an assortment of their products. SweetWorks is known for their premium confections with leading brands like Sixlets®, Celebration by SweetWorks®, Niagara Chocolates®, Ovation® and Oak Leaf®. Personally, I love their chocolates and they are great for decorating baked goods!
**Terms and Conditions: This giveaway is available to U.S. and Canada only due to shipping and handling costs. Must be 18 years or older to enter.**
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!