This is great combination of two wonderful dishes! This great sandwich is a combination of Chicken Parmesan and Chicken Burger. Juicy chicken burger cooked with Italian flavors and served with marinara sauce and Mozzarella cheese!
This is a great way of making a twist on classic Italian dish.
Have you guys tried my Buffalo Chicken Burger yet? No?… What are you waiting for? It’s a must-try recipe!
If you have tried it, you would know how delicious chicken burgers can be! This one is no exception. It’s made with fresh basil and shaved Parmesan cheese mixed right in to give it a nice Italian flavor. Then coated in Italian flavored bread crumbs and cooked to a juicy perfection! All you would need after that is to add some of your favorite marinara sauce, whether it’s homemade marinara or not, and Mozzarella cheese!
You can also try this burger in a turkey version. First time I made it, my store was out of ground chicken so I grabbed some turkey instead. It was pretty good but not as good as chicken. Chicken is much more juicy and has more flavor than turkey. You can try to use either meat but I do recommend chicken over turkey, for flavor reasons.
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
- 1 lb of ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 3 large fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- About a cup of Italian bread crumbs for coating
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- Burger Buns
- 2 Tbsp of Marinara sauce per sandwich
- Sliced Mozzarella cheese
- Lettuce or arugula
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine meat, egg, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, salt, pepper, minced basil leaves, onion and Parmesan cheese. Mix very well until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Divide meat mixture into four even parts and shape them into patties. Coat each burger patty with Italian crumbs, patting it lightly with your hands.
- Preheat vegetable oil in a large cooking pan, over medium heat. Cook chicken burgers, covered, until fully done and golden brown on each side, about 10-15 minutes.
- Assemble your burgers and enjoy!!
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
More Burger Recipes For you!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!