It’s that wonderful time of the month again, when we have a Food Fight!
To make up for not having a May Food Fight, I made sure that you enjoy this month’s fight more than ever. We have Reese’s treats and Snickers treats in a ring and this is going to be one amazingly delicious fight!
As always, I have to bring something to the fight and present a new recipe. This time, I made something for the Reese’s side and it is dangerous! These are Dulce de Leche Peanut Butter Cup Cookies and they deliver a knock out punch! Soft and gooey peanut butter cup cookies shaped in a cup and filled with dulce de leche! Boom!
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 8 oz cup of chopped mini Reese’s cups
- 13.4 oz can of Dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a mini cupcake pan. (You would need two mini cupcake pans or you can wait until the first batch is completely cooled.)
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine butter and sugar, beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Still on low, drop in chopped Reese’s mini cups, mix until just combined.
- Take out about 1 tbsp of dough and roll it into a ball less than an inch in size. Flatten it and place it in the cupcake pan cup, forming a cookie cup. Repeat to fill the pan.
- Drop a heaping teaspoon of dulce de leche in each cookie cup.
- Bake for 9 minutes, take out of the oven and let them cool completely before taking them out of the pan or they will break.
On To The Food Fight!!
In the RIGHT corner, we have Snickers Recipes…
In the LEFT corner, we have Reese’s Recipes…
Now, they fight and you VOTE! Leave a comment here or on any social media network and tell me who do you think should be the winner.
Make sure to visit these special recipes, share them or pin them if you like it (from the original site)!
The FOOD FIGHT happens right here, every month, so come back every 1st of the month!