This is such a simple dish for a week night but it’s so full of flavor, it will get you making all kinds of yummy noise! Oven roasted Chicken Drumsticks smothered in homemade Asian cuisine inspired sauce and baked to a juicy perfection.
I can’t believe that I completely forgot to share these delicious drumsticks with you! I was browsing through my old photo files and I noticed that I still had these and didn’t even share them. Bad Lyuba! (I have way too many recipes to share and not enough time to share them all.)
This chicken dish is just too tasty to forget about though. Not to even mention how easy they are to make!
These chicken drumsticks are quickly marinated in a homemade sauce and then roasted in the oven for about 30 minutes. As always, I recommend using fresh ingredients, like fresh garlic and fresh ginger. It always tastes better freshly grated than from a jar. You can also add some green onions on top if you’d like. And yes, you absolutely can make them on a grill too! That would actually be quite awesome.
You can pair this chicken with rice, vegetables or salad. Really whatever your heart desires.
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, grated or pressed
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1-2 Tbsp peanut oil for greasing the baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Rub some peanut oil over the foil to grease it.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce (except for chicken). Whisk very well. Add chicken drumsticks and mix them in sauce, coating them all over. Let them sit in the bowl for 10-15 minutes.
- Arrange chicken drumsticks on a prepared baking sheet and pour remaining sauce over drumsticks.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then flip each drumsticks on the other side for even baking. Bake for another 15 minutes. (Bake time here will depend on the size of your drumstick. Make a small cut into the thickest part of the drumstick to make sure that it's cooked through.)
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Balsamic Glazed Grilled Chicken from Joyful Healthy Eats
Bacon Wrapped Marsala Chicken Drumsticks from Sandra’s Easy Cooking
Slow Cooker Honey BBQ Chicken Drumsticks from Chef in Training
More Delicious Dinner Ideas
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!