Delicious soft and moist Zucchini Muffins topped with smooth and creamy Hot Fudge Sauce! Quick and oh, so delicious treat in the morning (or any time of the day)!
How about them apples…eh, zucchinis?! I’m actually talking about these muffins! It’s not your ordinary zucchini muffins…chocolate makes everything better!
The second I saw some big and beautiful zucchinis at the farmer’s market, I could practically smell muffins. Oh boy, did they smell amazing when baking. No air freshener will ever come close to some fresh baked goodies, baking in the oven!
To kick these delicious muffins up a bit, I made some of my Hot Fudge Sauce to top ‘em off. I forgot just how heavenly this sauce really is! Haven’t made it since my Coffee Mocha Blondies. (Boy, those smelled and tastes amazing! I should make them again.) It’s a very simple sauce but it’s so smooth and creamy, you will find yourself eating it with a spoon in the corner! Disclosure: I am not responsible to the consequences after you eat the entire jar of this sauce and follow it up with a muffin!!
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
- Zucchini Muffins:
- 2 cups of shredded zucchini
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ Tbsp baking powder
- Hot Fudge Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- ⅔ cup of hot fudge topping
- 1 tbs of dark brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a muffin pan.
- Grate zucchini through a large grater and set aside (don't squeeze the juice).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, oil, vanilla, sugar and yogurt.
- Add zucchini and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk until all evenly incorporated.
- Divide the batter among muffin cups, filling them ¾ of the way.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, make sure to do a toothpick test before taking them out.
- Sauce: Melt butter, over medium heat, in the small sauce pot and add sugar, hot fudge and heavy cream. Cook on medium heat, whisking slowly until all combined. Let it simmer for about a minute (keep stirring) and take it off heat.
- Pour about a tablespoon of sauce over each muffin (more if you want) and enjoy!
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Carrot Zucchini Apple Bread from Mom on Timeout
Zucchini Brownies from Crazy for Crust
Glazed Lemon Zuccini Bread from Lil Luna
Pineapple Zucchini Bread from Recipe Girl
More Ideas From Me!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!