Wonderful dessert and you wouldn’t believe just how easy it is! First, it is a “no bake” dessert. Second, it is made with soft gingerbread cookies and smooth, creamy white chocolate cheesecake. Perfection!
We are back this week to continue our Progressive Dinner. Obviously, this week we are sharing dessert recipes.
Holidays can be a busy time in the kitchen. There are cookies to be baked for every holiday party, every office party, every neighbor’s gift and every cookie exchange. Phew…that is a whole lot of baking. Not to mention all the other goodies that will be made in the kitchen this season. So I decided to make a little something delicious that can be ready in about ten minute (yes, you heard me…ten minutes!), and it can be made ahead of time, covered and refrigerated until ready to use.
I made these individual White Chocolate Cheesecake Gingerbread Trifles. I can’t even tell you what is the “best” part about this dessert because they are all good. For one, it’s white chocolate cheesecake and gingerbread cookie. “Yum” doesn’t even begin to describe it. Two, cookies can be picked up in bakery section of the grocery store, which is exactly what I did. Third, Ball jars are perfect for making these trifles because they can be pre-made, closed and stored ahead of time. Finally, did I mention they only take about ten minutes?!!
Since our Progressive Dinner continues, my talented co-hosts have more recipes for you. Be sure to visit all of the bloggers below to get their recipes!
Mini Chocolate Cobblers with Homemade Chocolate Cherry Ice Cream from Busy At Home
Layered Turtle Cheesecake from Adventures in All Things Food
Peppermint Brownies from The Gunny Sack
Spiced Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifles from Daily Dish Recipes
Pumpkin Spice Cranberry Trifle in a Jar from Flour On My Face
- 6-8 soft gingerbread cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp. sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. white granulated sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Optional: extra cookie and grated chocolate chips for topping
- In a bowl on an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave (in a microwave safe container), for one minute, on half the power. Stir using a large fork until all smooth. If needed, microwave for another 30 second, again on half the power.
- Pour chocolate into cream cheese while beating on medium. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl and beat for a couple more seconds.
- Transfer cheesecake mixture into a piping bag and cut off the tip. (You can attach a tip to make the cheesecake layers pretty, or to swirl the top layer.)
- Break up one cookie in each of the three jars. (1 cookie per jar.)
- Add some cheesecake over cookie. Repeat with another cookie in each jar and more cheesecake mixture on top.
- You can add some cookie crumbles on top of last layer and grate some white chocolate.
- Serve or refrigerate.
We are back with another giveaway! We are giving away a set of Ball Canning jars! How great is that for holiday season?! Ball Canning jars are not just practical for canning, they are great for gift giving, storing, and making individual desserts like you see today. So make sure to visit them on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for recipes and ideas.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
*Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post but I did receive product from Ball Canning. Giveaway is provided by Ball Canning as well.