I love this soup recipe because it is lite, healthy, and chunky. In spite of being lite, it is not lacking in flavor by any means. The combination of sausage and fall vegetables is delightful and makes this soup very comforting and perfect for cooler weather. That extra kick of spice is sure to warm you up.
- 1–2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, for cooking
- ½ lb. ground Italian sausage
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 lbs. pie pumpkin
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 4–5 fresh sage leaves, minced
- ½ tsp. mustard seed
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes (adjust heat to your preference)
- Heat up oil in a pot over medium heat, and add ground sausage. Sauté until browned.
- Peel and dice carrots and onion. Peel, seed, and dice pumpkin.
- Add vegetables to the pot with sausage and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, minced sage, mustard seed, red pepper flakes, and salt. Stir well.
- Cook covered, but leave a small crack for steam to escape, until all vegetables are tender. It will take 15–20 minutes.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
(Find it HERE)