Beautiful balsamic chicken and veggie salad that’s packed full of Mediterranean flavors. Starting with a kale base, this salad is topped with chicken and veggies that have been sauteed in balsamic dressing, chick peas, and finally, lots of feta cheese. Drizzle some more balsamic dressing on top and get ready to taste some deliciousness!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Show of hands if you made eating healthy or loosing weight as your New Year’s resolution?
This is the first time when my husband actually made a New Year’s resolution and it is to eat healthier. Yeah, my jaw actually hit the floor. I’ve been trying to get him to eat healthier for years and finally, I’ve gotten through to him. It helped that his doctor told him that he had to take it seriously, and he actually is! He even made “the biggest looser” kind of bet with a co-worker. It makes it easier to keep the resolution when you’re having fun with it.
Honestly, I don’t think that I’ve ever kept a resolution, that’s why I gave up on making them. I don’t know what it is about New Year resolutions that makes it so hard to keep. May be I give up too easy, or simply forget. So, this year, I decided to set a few small goals to organize things, kind of like steps, instead of making a big resolution to just be organized. My first goal is to reorganize my kitchen and my pantry (and to remember that I actually have to go further than just pinning a bunch of organization ideas).
So wish us luck with our resolutions and goals and we wish you the same!
If you made a healthy eating resolutions this year, I have a delicious new dish for you. This Balsamic Chicken, Veggies, and Chick Pea Salad will hit all the right spots. It’s tasty and packed with nutritious ingredients like kale, chick peas, feta cheese, and lean chicken.
Kale is a great alternative to lettuce because it’s packed with vitamins, fiber, calcium, and so much more. Chick peas are also a great source of fiber and protein. Feta cheese makes a good LIGHT alternative to other cheeses, like cheddar. All these ingredients make the salad light AND high in nutritional value.
It’s easy to KEEP UP with NEW recipes through my social media channels:
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- 6 raw chicken tenders
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 4 oz baby bella mushrooms
- 6 Tbsp Balsamic dressing (I use Ken's Honey Balsamic)
- ½ cup canned chick peas, drained
- 4 Tbsp crumbled Feta cheese
- Kale, enough for 2 salads
- More balsamic dressing for topping the salad
- Cut bell peppers and take out he seeds and membrane. Slice onions and peppers thin. Quarter clean mushrooms and set veggies aside.
- Preheat a cooking pan over medium heat. Add some vegetable oil to the pan.
- Add sliced onions, peppers, and mushrooms to the pan. Season with some salt and cook until veggies start to soften. Add 3 tablespoons of balsamic dressing and mix well. Cook veggies until completely done. Take out veggies and set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the pan and add chicken tenders. Season tenders with salt and drizzle 3 tablespoons of balsamic dressing. Cook chicken until it's done, flipping half way through. Take out chicken tenders onto a cutting board and cut them into small pieces.
- Build the salads by layering kale, veggies, chick peas, chicken, feta cheese, and some more dressing on top.
- *Note: to save some time, two pans can be used to cook chicken and veggies at the same time.*
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Tahini Kale Salad with Crispy Chick Peas from Heather Christo
Orange Cranberry Kale Salad from Joyful Healthy Eats
Winter Kale Salad with Pomegranates from Well Plated
Thai Chopped Salad with Sesame Garlic Dressing from Pinch of Yum
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me: