Wonderful summer salad to snack on of to serve at your outdoor party! This fruity broccoli salad is made with asparagus, strawberries, feta cheese, crunchy almonds, and dressed with a creamy balsamic salad.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Summer is right around the corner and that comes with a lot of delicious, fresh recipes that feature veggies and fruit. Cold recipes, outdoor party recipes, and no-bake desserts is just about all I want to see this time of year. It’s about to get SO hot that keeping cool from inside out is essential.
I eat salads just about every day during summer because it’s a cool, delicious way to eat something tasty and not slave over the hot stove for hours. Broccoli salads and chicken salads are my favorite. I absolutely love making chicken salads out of juicy rotisserie chicken because it holds so much more flavor than just using chicken breasts.
When it comes to veggie salads, adding a sweet burst of fruit or berries makes a simple salad into a summer favorite. Much like in this broccoli salad, I added sweet strawberries and some crunchy asparagus to create a fresh, sweet and savory experience for the taste buds.
Strawberry Broccoli salad has been my favorite fresh summer salad for years. There is something so wonderful about the combination of strawberries, fresh broccoli, poppy seeds, and a creamy dressing. The flavor and the texture makes taste buds sing for joy.
Last week, I made this twist of my strawberry broccoli salad and I added some feta cheese, sliced almonds, and blanched asparagus. I also changed the dressing to showcase a balsamic vinegar flavor. The result was absolutely heavenly. This is a wonderful summer salad for you to snack on or to serve with grilled meats.
- 6-8 oz fresh broccoli florets
- 1½ cups chopped strawberries
- 2 cups chopped asparagus
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ½ Tbsp poppy seeds
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing in a small mixing bowl, whisk well and set aside.
- Prepare a bowl with cold, iced water for the asparagus and set it aside. Bring a pot of water to boil and add chopped asparagus. Blanch asparagus for 3-4 minutes and take them out straight into the ice cold water to stop the cooking process. Let asparagus cool down and take them out. Pat the excess water with a paper towel.
- Chop broccoli florets and add them into a mixing bowl.
- Add strawberries, asparagus, feta cheese, almonds, and poppy seeds.
- Mix in the prepared dressing until everything is evenly coated.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- *Note: strawberries will start to wilt after a day in the fridge. It is recommended that the salad is prepared and eaten fresh, the same day.*
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes From Me: