1 1/2 cups sugar
3 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
8 ounces (about 1 cup) sour cream
1/3 cup milk
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup coconut flakes
2. In the large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes.)
6. Fold in the coconut flakes and almonds with a spatula and be sure the batter is completely mixed.
7. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pans, filling each cup to almost full. Sprinkle with some almonds on top.
8. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the muffins are lightly browned on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
* I am linking this recipe to the Sunday and Monday PARTIES. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?