1 sheet of puff pastry
1 large or two small Granny Smith Apples
3 tbs salted butter
1 tbs flour
1 tbs water
2 tsp white sugar
1 tbs brown sugar
1 egg + 1 tsp of sugar, beaten, for brushing
~ Preheat the oven to 350.
1. Peel, core and chop the apple into very small cubes. Cut the pastry sheet into 4 squares.
2. In a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
3. Add the flour and whisk until combined
4. Add the sugars and water and stir well.
5. Add the apples, stir and simmer for a couple of minutes. Turn off the heat.
6. Add about 1/3 cup of apple mixture to the center of each square.
7. Fold the cornets to form a triangle. (Wet your fingers and run along the edges on the inside for better seal). Press the edges of the triangle pastry.
8. Lay on the baking sheet and brush lightly with the egg.
9. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
* I am linking this recipe to the Tuesday and Wednesday PARTIES. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?