Cook Time: 3 hours
1.5 lbs of stew beef
2-3 large carrots
4-5 medium red potatoes
1 large garlic clove
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 packet of beef stew seasoning
1 small can of tomato paste
Salt, pepper to the taste
1. Cut up the beef into 1/4 inch cubes and add it to the pre-heated pan with about 2 tbs of veggie oil
2. Cook the meat for about 5-7 minutes, until completely brown.
3. Add the packet of stew seasoning to the meat. Mix well. Add the small can of tomato paste, mix well and saute for a few more minutes.
4. Place the meat and the meat juice that accumulated into a large pot.
5. Add about 2 tsp of oil to the skillet that you cooked the meat in and let heat through.
6. Grate the garlic into the oil, after the garlic is fragrant, add the chopped onion and chopped carrots.
7. Saute the veggies for 5-7 minutes. Add to the pot with meat.
8. Place the pot over heat and add 7-8 cups of water, bring to boil, reduce heat to medium to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally, for an hour and a half.
9. Chop the potatoes into 1/4 inch cubes. Add to the stew.
10. Cook for another hour to hour and a half. (When stew is almost done I like to add some fresh parsley)
Linking to Gooseberry Patch Party!