2 large ripe bananas, mashed
2/3 brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tbsp vanilla
Zest of 2 key limes
Juice from the 1 key lime
1 cup of blueberries
Zest of 1 key lime
2 tbsp sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Place the cupcake liners into the 12-cup muffin pan
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, mix and set aside.
3. In the standing mixer (or using a hand-held mixer), beat together the bananas, eggs, brown sugar, melted butter, key lime juice, key lime zest and vanilla until well blended.
4. Stir in the dry ingredients until just combined.
5. Carefully fold in 1 cup of blueberries.
6. Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
7. Mix together the sugar and lime zest and sprinkle evenly on top of each muffin.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
* I am linking this recipe to THESE GREAT PARTIES, in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?