Let’s bring some sunny, warm weather to all who needs it with these golden Carrot Muffins! They are soft, moist and delightful, topped with creamy orange flavored spread.
I’m enjoying one of these bad boys while I type this and it …is …yummy!
These muffins are so soft and perfectly sweet. Orange flavor in this spread is a great compliment for the carrot flavor of the muffins. Talk about a great breakfast for yourself and your loved ones! They are also perfect on the go, I give one to hubby as he is leaving for work and take one with me while I take my little guy to school.
I’m glad that my Facebook fans voted for these muffins to be shared next. If you are already a fan of my page, you know that I like to get votes on what I post next from my readers. Yesterday, I asked if they wanted to see a Spring Flower Bed Cake or these Carrot Muffins with Orange Cream Spread. The votes were pretty close, it seems like everyone wants the Spring to come already and they all want to see some Spring recipes. So I’ve decided to push back the chicken that I had planned for tomorrow and share the muffins today and the cake tomorrow!!
Oh, and you just wait and see what I have planned for Sunday! Wowzee!
Carrot Muffins with Orange Cream Spread
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups of finely grated carrots
- 3/4 vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Orange Cream Spread:
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp orange zest
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1/3 cup of honey
- Preheat your oven to 350 and grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the finely grated carrots, brown sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla extract and yogurt. Whisk well until all evenly incorporated.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and sift in the flour. Whisk well until all smooth.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling them to almost full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let them cook while you make the spread.
- Spread: Combine the ingredients for spread in a small bowl and beat for about a minute, until all smooth and light.
- You can spread the orange cream on the muffins right away or as you are ready to eat them.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!