5 tbs olive oil
I love classic dished and I absolutely love Italian. Oddly enough, Italian is my favorite cuisine, even though I am Russian.
This is one of easy, work week meals that is ready in about 40 minutes.
1 medium eggplant
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup dry Parmesan cheese
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cup Marinara sauce
5-6 basil leaves
2 garlic cloves
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Skin the eggplant and cut into 1/2 inch slices
2. Combine the bread crumbs and dry Parmesan cheese and some salt and pepper in one shallow plate. Whisk the eggs with some salt and pepper in a deep dish.
3. Batter the eggplant slices…batter in bread crumbs (press) then in the eggs, then in bread crumbs again and press.
~Preheat the oven to 350
4. Preheat a skillet with 2 tbs oil. Saute the eggplant in a skillet for about 5 minutes on each side.
5. In the skillet, saute grated garlic and chopped onion in 1 tbs of olive oin. Add Marinara sauce and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped basil leaves.
6. Oil the baking dish with the olive oil and line up the eggplants. Cover with Marinara sauce and bake for 20 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and bake for another 5-7 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
* I am linking this recipe to the Wednesday and Thursday PARTIES in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!