Oh yes…this is for all the coconut lovers out there! Coconut Cookie Bites like you’ve only dreamed about. They are made with crushed coconut cookie and covered with pink candy melts and coconut flakes. Perfect as a Valentine’s Day gift or treat!
You already know that I’m coo-coo for some coconut and I love making coconut flavored treats. In the past, I’ve made quite a few coconutty goodies and I can tell that you liked them. I have no doubt in mind that you will love these coconut cookie bites once you try them.
I originally planned to make white chocolate covered coconut bites but it came out a bit disastrous. The white chocolate was a bit too thick and sticky and did not go on smoothly. I couldn’t even smooth it out with my hands because it was so sticky and thick that I ended up having to waste a lot of chocolate washing it off my hands. So I switched to candy melts. It was a perfect substitution because the candy melts are a lot thinner once melted and much easier to work with. Big plus was the color. You can use any color to suit your needs. They would be great for a baby shower, using blue or pink. You can use red or pink for Valentine’s Day. You can even use green or multicolored for St. Paddy’s Day.
In the picture below, you can see the coconut cookies I used. I’ve seen them in every store, in Target, WalMart and local grocery stores. I don’t doubt that you will be able to find them. If you can’t find those, you can use any coconut cookies you can find at your store.
Coconut Dreams: Coconut Covered Coconut Cookie Bites
- 12 oz bag of coconut cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tbs light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of pink candy melts
- 7 oz coconut flakes
- Run the cookies through the blender or food processor to get coarse crumbs.
- Mix the cookie crumbs, light brown sugar and cream cheese together in a large bowl. Don't be afraid the get in there and mix it with your hands to get it all incorporated.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and lay them out on a parchment paper, on a large tray. Place the tray in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Once the cookie bites hardened, take them out.
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave-safe container, in the microwave, for a minute on half the power. Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds (at half the power) if needed.
- You can use a fork to dip the coconut bites in the candy melt. Smooth it over with your fingers to spread evenly and take off excess coating as well. There should just be a thin coating of candy.
- Dip in coconut right away and press lightly.
- Lay the coconut bites back on parchment paper and refrigerate. Keep in the fridge since there is cream cheese in the cookie bites.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!