Such a delicious bread to make over the weekend, it’s so soft and moist with rich flavors. This Carrot Bread is made virgin coconut oil, coconut sugar and sprinkled with sugar/cinnamon mixture on top.
I love the way this bread turned out! It is so soft and moist, it will melt in your mouth. It tastes and smells out of this world too. About half way through the baking time, the whole apartment started filling up with this amazing aroma or coconut, cinnamon and carrot cake. That is one intoxicating combination of scents and the taste was just as good as the smell. I didn’t even finish taking photos when little man couldn’t wait anymore. He polished off an entire slice while I was still taking photos and once I took a little bite, mine was somehow gone in seconds too.
I absolutely love working with coconut oil and this oil from Nutiva is so good. After I put bread in the oven, I realized that my hands still had coconut oil on them. I wasn’t about to wash it off because coconut oil is great for skin. I just sat there smelling my hands because they smelled SO good. Given my addiction to coconut, you know that I was in heaven!
Well, this is our last Progressive Dinner. Sad, but like all great things, this too has to come to an end. This week, we are sharing bread recipe. Be sure to visit all bloggers below to get their recipes!
Busy-at-Home : Homemade Crescent Rolls
Will Cook for Smiles: Coconut Oil Carrot Bread
Adventures in All Things Food: Cheesy Chive Biscuits with Coconut Flour
The Gunny Sack: Pumpkin Gingerbread
Daily Dish Recipes: Cranberry Orange Mini Loaves
Flour on My Face: Coconut Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
Coconut Oil Carrot Bread
- 2 cups finely grated carrots
- 2 eggs room temperature (!)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil melted and warm
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Topping: 2 Tbsp coconut sugar +1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a loaf pan (8x4).
- Grate carrots on a fine grater and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, melted coconut oil, vanilla, sugar and sour cream. (If coconut oil looks like it's solidifying, just heat up the mixture a little. If using a metal bowl, put it in the oven for a few seconds with door open. If the bowl is plastic, pop it in the microwave for a few seconds on half power.)
- Add carrots and mix well.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk until all evenly incorporated.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan.
- Mix coconut sugar and cinnamon for topping and sprinkle it evenly over the batter.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, make sure to do a toothpick to check if center is done.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
One more giveaway for you guys before we say Happy Holidays!
Today, we are giving away some great products from Nutiva. Winner of the giveaway will actually be able to choose their own set of product in the amount of $75. A couple suggestion that I can make are definitely coconut sugar and coconut oil. I also got coconut shortening, chia seeds and hemp protein shake mix. I’ve been drinking protein shakes after my runs and I like it. What I still have to get and try is their coconut flour, and I’m really looking forward to it. Out of everything I have tried, my favorite product is coconut oil. Definitely get some!