Delicious and easy white cheddar macaroni and cheese made with addition of peas, onions, crispy bacon and creamy Havarti cheese.
If you’re trying to figure out what’s for dinner again? Macaroni and Cheese is always a great go-to meal. It’s easy to make and possibilities for flavors are endless. It helps that kids love mac and cheese, as do adults. I know I’m a sucker for a bowl of comforting macaroni and cheese. And, playing around with ingredients is just as much fun for me as eating it.
Horizon created something awesome just so I can play around with ingredients. Well, I’m sure it wasn’t just for me, but it’s still so cool! They made this tool, called the Horizon MAC-N-ATOR, and it generates recipes for mac and cheese based on ingredients you choose. So whatever you have in your fridge, plug it in, choose if you want it classic or a little more exciting and see what recipe will pop up for you. Fun, right?!
So, obviously this Creamy White Macaroni & Cheese with Peas Onions & Bacon is a little more exciting than your classic macaroni and cheese. I love the flavor pop that comes from peas and onions and, of course, bacon will seal the deal for everyone. Addition of creamy Havarti cheese takes cheesiness to perfection here. I do want to note to use white pepper and not black pepper. It does add some boldness to flavor, just be careful not to add to much or it will take over.
Creamy White Macaroni and Cheese with Peas Onions and Bacon
- 6 oz macaroni pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 6 strips of crispy bacon
- 1/2 Vidalia onion diced
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 oz creamy Havarti cheese
- White pepper add a pinch until desired amount is reached, about 1/8 tsp.
- Cook pasta shells according to the package, drain and set side in a bowl.
- Preheat oil in the cooking pan over medium heat and saute onions until golden. Add peas and crumbled bacon. Saute for a few minutes then add to pasta.
- In a sauce pot, heat up milk over medium heat and add white cheddar packet from the mac and cheese box. Mix until smooth and add grated Havarti cheese. Add salt and white pepper and taste. Once mixture is smooth, add sauce to the bowl with pasta and mix well.
- Serve right away.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.