Getting ready for Halloween!!
Make this Dirt & Worms Red Velvet Cheesecake for a Halloween party and it will be a huge hit! It’s a delicious red velvet cheesecake made with Oreo crust and topped with gummy worms and Oreo crumbs.
This is an amazing Halloween cheesecake. It’s a smooth Red Velvet Cheesecake and it’s made with “dirty” crust and “dirt” and “worms” on top. Oreos make a deee-licious dirt!
The little man was actually more interested in eating the worms and playing with Oreo dirt.
Have you started planning Halloween yet? Are you throwing a party?
We don’t throw parties for Halloween. Tiny apartment is not very good for hosting big parties. Although, we love going to Halloween parties!
I love October!
No matter if you are throwing a party or going to a party, bringing this cheesecake will make you very popular! This Dirt and Worms Red Velvet cheesecake will be the talk of the party.
Have you decided on the costumes yet?
The little man picked out his already. I took him to the Halloween store this weekend and he chose a Woody costume and a Captain America shield. Odd combination, I know. He was flat out against the Captain America costume, even though he was obsessed with him for a few weeks.
Woody it is!
Dirt & Worms Red Velvet Cheesecake
- 18 Oreos
- 1 1/2 tbs melted butter
- 3 8- oz packages of cream cheese
- 2 tbs buttermilk
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- 2 tbs of cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 to 2 tbs red food coloring
- 8-10 Oreos
- Gummy worms
- ~Preheat the oven to 325.
- For Crust: Run the Oreo cookie through a possessor to make crumbs. Mix thoroughly with the melted butter. Lightly grease a 9-inch spring form. Press Oreo cookie mixture into the pan, evenly, all over the bottom and about half way up the side.
- For Cheesecake:
- Start beating the cream cheese and sugar in a mixer until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla extract, vinegar and buttermilk. Mix until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at the time, beating after each addition.
- Lower the speed and add the cocoa powder. Make sure that all ingredients are well combined.
- Add the red food coloring. Mix and make sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Mix until all color is even. (***Taste to see if you want to add a little more sugar. Personal preference.)
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the pan with crust.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Take the cheesecake and cool to room temperature. Spread some worms over the top. Sprinkle with the Oreo crumbs and add a few more worms.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), or follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest|
Don’t miss any new posts and recipes from me, subscribe to E-MAIL! Just enter your email in the side bar, you will receive an email for confirmation. Confirm and you are all subscribed! HUGS!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday morning!!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck andRattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!
Some More Sweet Recipes from me: