Amazing simple fettuccine dinner. Fettuccine pasta sauteed in a delicious bourbon bacon sweet and savory sauce.
This is such a simple and scrumptious pasta dish that will make your tummy and your taste buds very, very happy!
…I have people to vouch for that!
My bestest friend in a world lives about 40 minutes away, yet we see each other so rare that the last time she comes to my house like once a year. (I exaggerate for effect.) Last time she came over, I had to make her something scrumpcious. She is a scotch girl all the way and I just had to make her this bourbon bacon sauce with pasta for her. It turned out great and everyone was happy. That’s the best kind of dinner, when everyone is satisfied and happy.
Fettuccine with Bourbon Bacon Sauce
- 1/2 lb dry fettuccine
- 8 raw bacon strips
- 1 large shallot
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 2 tsp sugar
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground thyme
- Cook pasta in salted water, drain and set aside.
- Preheat a large cooking pan on medium heat.
- Dice raw bacon and slice shallot thin. Saute bacon and shallot until bacon is cooked.
- Add bourbon, mix and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle flour and mix it in well. Add broth right away and mix well.
- Stir in sugar, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add fettuccine to the sauce, mix well and cook for a few minutes,stirring occasionally.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Sundried Tomato Fettuccine from Table For Two
Lemon Chicken Fettuccine from Diethood
Chicken Fettuccine Casserole from Somewhat Simple
Skinny Garlic Parmesan Mozzarella Alfredo from Carlsbad Cravings
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Delicious Recipes From Me: