Saw something similar in a magazine, so I decided to create this to celebrate spring! Came out really tasty!!
1/2 cup of butter2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cup flour
1 1/4 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt
Long wooden skewers
Green food coloring
8 oz package of cream cheese
2 cups powder sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter
~Pre-heat the oven to 375. Grease bread baking pan.
1. Let the eggs and butter sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
2. Beat the butter is a large mixing bowl for 1 minute
3. Add sugar and beat for another minute
4. Add one egg at the time, beating after each addition
5. Beat in vanilla
6. Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt
7. Add milk, beat well for about a minute
8. Pour into the baking pan. Bake for about 30-35 minutes. Do a toothpick check (cook for 5-10 more minutes if needed)!
COMPLETELY chill before decorating.
1. Leave the cream cheese and butter out at room temperature for about 30 minutes, in the package, to soften.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
3. Beat all ingredients for about a minute.
1. Place the fruit chews into the flower cookie hole
2. Use icing to cover the fruit chews, refrigerate.
3. Refrigerate the chocolate bar.
4. Place some food coloring on the cotton ball. Rub the skewers with the food coloring.
5. Cut the Rolled Wafers in half (one and a half bags…there are two bags per canister).
6. Grade the chilled chocolate bar on a fine grater, place the chocolate shavings back into the refrigerator until ready to decorate.
7. Make sure that he cake is completely cooled!
8. Cut the sides of the cake to ensure straight sides.
9. Frost all 5 sides of the cake.
10. Place the cut wafers all around the edge, standing up. Lightly pressing into the icing.
11. Pour the chocolate shavings evenly in the top of the cake.
12. Stick the skewers into the center of the flower cookies (into the fruit chews).
13. Stick the flowers into the cake!
14. Most IMPORTANT: Watch your kid’s face light up when they see it 🙂 ( I didn’t get the picture of that because he grabbed some wafers of the side and ran 🙂