Perfect little breakfast muffins that contain many breakfast favorites in one. Starting with a hash brown “basket,” they are pre-baked and filled with ham, egg, and cheese mixture. These egg muffins are great on the go or for a weekend breakfast.
I can’t believe it’s almost Christmas.
I stopped at the mall a couple of days ago, not to shop for presents but to pick up something real quick, and the place was a mad house. It wasn’t even lunch time yet and the parking lot was packed. People are shopping like crazy.
I get my Christmas shopping done early and most of it I do online. Crowds are just so uncomfortable and long lines are even worse. People also get quite mean during these big, pre-holiday sales.
A few years ago, I heard one mom talk to another mom at our Gymboree class about her Toys R Us “Black Friday haul” and by the end of that conversation, the woman was genuinely scaring me. She described pushing people out of her way and fighting her way in line to check out. All I was thinking was, “was saving a few dollars really worth it?”
For peaceful people like me, who are terrified of Black Friday crowds, they invented Cyber Monday. Yay! I can shop in my pajamas with a giant cup of coffee in my hands. Noone to fight me over the last TV.
I was done with most of my Christmas shopping that day and just wrapped packages as they came in. That’s the peaceful shopping I enjoy.
Now, my little man and I are just counting down the days until Christmas. We will be racing to our Christmas tree in just a few days, for him to tear into those gifts. I love watching his face as he opens every one of them, especially the red one from Santa.
After all the gifts have been opened, it will be time for me to go into the kitchen for hours and hours to cook our family dinner.
My husband talked me into ham again this year. Not that I was fighting him much because I love ham. I love leftover ham just as much the next day and at the holiday dinner. It’s great for breakfast, lunch, and snacks.
I’ve made it in hand pies, quiches, grilled cheese sandwiches, soups, and even different main courses. In my opinion, ham makes a better leftover protein than turkey.
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Ham Egg and Cheese Hash Brown Breakfast Muffins
- About 2 1/2 cups hash browns frozen or refrigerated
- 5 eggs
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup of shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 lb ham diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 and grease a 6-cup muffin pan.
- Divide hash browns among all the muffin cups and press them in, forming kind of a cup at the bottom and up the sides. Each portion will measure about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of hash browns.
- Season with some salt and pre-bake hash browns for 15-17 minutes, until it starts to get a little crispy and golden.
- Take out and lower the oven temperature to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk eggs, heavy cream, salt, garlic powder, and pepper until smooth.
- Mix in shredded cheese and diced ham.
- Spoon the egg mixture into each hash brown cup, filling it up almost all the way.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Some More Recipes You Might Like: